Monday 13 April 2015

"In Every Job That Must Be Done There Is An Element Of Fun"

In my desperate desire to travel, I created a profile to be an au pair abroad. I did some investigating, searching through many different programs and organizations, until I found the right one for me. A week into the process, families from all over the world started to message me on my page's profile. I aimed to find a wonderful family in Holland, but gained no luck. Two months into the process a certain family contacted me with great interest, but were not from Holland as I had wished. A few messages were sent back and forth between us. Soon our Skype addresses were exchanged and we were video chatting from across the world. 
It did not take long for me to gain a love for the two children and their parents. They are a beautiful family who I can not wait to meet. It came to my attention that this was the family for me during my second Skype call with them.
It has been almost 8 months since I first started communicating with my new Hungarian family. They are so wonderful, and I cannot wait to start my new life's journey with them.
I plan to blog all of the exciting adventures that Sophie (age 6), Vincent (age 5) and I go on. It's going to be a hoot of a time, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment